Study Break For 5
Posted on June 6, 2011 by 6foot9
A list of 5 albums I’ve been flogging for the past couple of weeks while I’ve been studying.
When I’m attempting to study I do many things, one of them is download a shitload of music, the other definitely not studying. My itunes library is overflowing WITH albums I haven’t even had a chance to listen to, but here’s a little list of ones that have caught my ears during this depressing downtime of time-wasting, procrastinating and library plot-losses.
1. Foster The People – Torches – Cracker follow up album to ‘Personal Life’. ‘Helena Beat’ grabs your attention from the start, and the album has an eclectic flow the whole way through. A splendour must for all attendees.
2. Steffi – Yours & Mine – The likes of Seth Troxler, Solomon and Lee Foss have been playing ‘Yours Feat. Virginia’ for the last few months so I finally grabbed the album and its a total delight.
3. City And Colour – Little Hell – City and Colour is the side project of Alexisonfire guitarist and vocalist Dallas Green. It’s a slow paced, stripped back album with some lovely songs – great for the late night study sessions.
4. Com Truise – Galactic Melt - Com Truise is one of the many personas of producer and designer Seth Haley. Sounds like a psychedelic electro spaceship full of insects and sub woofers….= awesome. (Essential to play song below at full volume)
5. Room 5 – Music & You - Take a step back to 2003 with Junior Jacks’ ‘Room 5′ album full of disco house deliciousness. You’ll know a few of these songs, and pretend to know the others. It’s a must for any house music ambassador.
A nice clean assortment of genres and sounds for you to wrap your heads into. Below is a track from each album – but I suggest you refer to your favourite illegal downloading resource and grab all these, that way when you study, you can be as productive as me.