Interview: 10 Quick Questions with Slippery MC
Posted on July 13, 2012 by L&G
It has been a while since we have caught up with Sydney’s own Slippery MC, and with his new album being released, of course we would hit him up to see how he has been. This time around though, we threw him 10 quick questions for him to answer.
Here is how it all went down:
1. So Slippery, it has been a while since our last interview. What has been happening?
A lot lately. Just finished touring with Mickey Avalon, and now I’m on tour with Kid Mac. My mixtapes just dropped, so there will be a tour for that in September which and I am in the middle of making a documentary called “21 Tullimbar” The Documentary. (Check it out on Facey)
2. How is the new album going?
Well, its literally just been uploaded to my web www.slipperymc.com.au for free download, so i will check the stats soon. But yeah, vibes are positive so far.
3. Whats the response been like?
I’ve had alot of peeps from around Australia and also overseas contact me about it, so it sounds like its getting round!
4. How would you describe your music to some of our readers who haven’t yet heard Slippery MC spit?
A controversial spin on reality. Haha!
5. Do you have anything planned on the horizon?
My doco will be out soon “21 Tullimbar” The Documentary, with a video clip, and stay tuned for dates for the Slippery Bizzness tour in September. Apart from this, more music on its way.
6. What is the writing process for you like? What do you draw inspiration from?
All i need is a beat that hits me, some weed and some privacy. If I am not writing straight away and feelin slippery when the beat drops, i flick it.
7. It has been noted that Slippery Business is your rawest work yet. What made you go down that path, and why?
I didnt go down that path – that’s the path i was on when i wrote it.
8. Aussie Hip Hop seems to be taking off now which is awesome to see. How does it feel like being in the midst of it all?
I love it – I am so happy that I’ve stuck with it. It’s all starting to come together now. I love this shit, man!
9. You just supported Kid Mac which must have been cool? Do you have any other tours lined up?
It was way cool. Mac’s a fuckin’ boss. His whole crew are really cool. Sid (bassist), Chung (drummer)… We all get along really well, man. Mac’s really inspiring to watch and just being around. My own tours starts in September at The Backroom and the rest of dates to be announced soon!
10. Still think Burritos are better than Burgers?
All day muthfuckerrrzzzzz!!!